Search This Blog

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dost...Friends..Us...

I have just watched Dil Chahta hai.... I don't know how many times have I watched it....It doesn't make any difference to watchability....great re-playability... There are other movies with greater replay value but this one has got what no other movie has...It's got a different Point of View of friendship..... A highly realistic take on it... There has been other movies based on friendship as well but this one views it on a really different tangent... One specific thing that makes it different from other movies like sholay, dosti & Jaane bhi do yaaro is that it doesn't projects a friendship where a friends are under constant obligation of one another.  It floats on the basic premise of friendship based on understanding and intents...

For example, Aamir khan dunks Saif when he tells his girlfriend that Saif wasn't with him... but Saif doesn't react on it too much....Just a grunt and that's it....Why? Even though that made Saif breakup with his Girl doesn't make him dump Aamir...because he understands that that's how he is... This and other such demos of Mutual understanding is what makes it different from lot off other 'dosti' movies... 

It is not Zen to think that great successful friendship has lasted on the fundamental rule of understanding and giving room to each other.... Thinking about which also takes my thoughts to another dimension...Marriage.... Aren't good successful marriages based on the same fundamental premise... Can a marriage, be it love or arranged, be successful without these two things... Can any relation for that matter.... 

Then there is another essential but highly overlooked ingredient to this...Effort..yep you need to put in effort to conduct any relation.... It could be making an  effort to call by taking time off your "busy" schedule or visiting the people.... and its our own responsibility to make that effort. Its NOT OK to wait for other one to do it... I can't wait for him or her to make this effort... It might never happen...He could be thinking the same.... I can't risk it.. So I do it... People ask me sometime...Why do I have to do it...Why can't they come over.... But I tell them that someone has top make the effort to carry the relation... I chose to say carry the relation because that's How I look at it... I don't say its a burden that we carry, but I just say that we carry it.... 'Coz its our own conscious decision to continue a relation...Even blood relations are not spared of this choice...I have seen people not talking to their own brothers and sisters...This doesn't mean that they did not earlier as well. Somewhere down the line they decided to not to keep any relation with each other.... I have limited myself to a customary acknowledgment with some people who are related to me in some way... just a hello and that's where it all ends... 

I think I am digging too deep into this at the time....We will talk about it some other time... May be next time...:-) I have to make an effort to drag myself to market...I need some essentials...

Go ahead... Make your effort today... Don't under estimate it...Its a great thing to do...
Make some effort...

No comments:

Post a Comment