Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Fear or Terror.....I am thinking...

Hey there....Back again after a long stint....Have been busy in too many things in recent past...November to February being the peak season for our LOB, I have been hell lot of busy...Busyness to the extent of being hectic.....Infact we started joking about being overworked and underpaid.....Second I had undergone a minor chest surgery...It was a an abscess of 5X5 cms and had to be removed surgically....I did not need to stay in hospital for long.....Just a day and that too, to complete cashless formalities...Max HealthCare hospital it was...and quite a good one too....Unexplainable, majority of staff was from down south....On the contrary most of the doctors were from closer regions....I didn't get the reason for it because I saw a similar arrangement in Columbia Asia hospital as well, where I went for the initial diagnosis. Probably a bigger talent pool down there for nursing....

I have been thinking about another thing in recent past...Terror of another kind...I realized that it doesn't have to be killing or a massacre to terrorize people...Terror by definition is a overwhelming feeling of fear....So the current financial and economic situations is more terrorizing to a lot of people than 26/11 attacks in Mumbai.....Job cuts, Salary cuts, No appraisals...I can keep on counting the weapons of economic fear.... People have lost sleep over uncertain things...Going to office & not knowing if they would go to same job next day...or for that matter will they have a job at all or not....Thinking about which I have been worrying a lot..No I am not worried about the layoff.... I am worried about my performance and growth opportunities.... I don't want to be the one waiting for so long to move to next level so that I might need to think that I am in here for too long... But the kind of discussions and perception that I have been and projecting makes me rethink about my suitability... and I have also seen that your image plays an important, almost deciding, role in your growth...You have to be either complete crap or a total asset to be moved to next level.... and I don't think I fall in any of the categories.... Being somewhere in there is a really dangerous territory... Not unchartered but really crowded....and that has been my strength all along to be in there and above them.....
I am going to talk to my mangers about it now... I think I would do it sooner than expected...Although I know one them would say that its a bit too early to talk about it as I am not eligible for movement anyhow..HR policies you know... So its time to perform and not worry....

On personal front, She and me are on talking terms again..Though she is still sarcastic about lack of contact from my side....Sometimes I think that I may...forget it...I will close the day here......See you soon...
Life cares....

1 comment:

  1. dun worry mate ...u will be the one whu will rise to the occasion ....tension ni leni ...baaba apne naal hai .... ok. ....

    ReplyDelete